http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Feb 21, 2013

Pictures: Top 20 Films of 2012

Honorable Mention: The Grey

20. Rust & Bone (dir. Audiard) (review)

"Did you hear what happened to me?"

19. Anna Karenina (dir. Wright) (review)

"Romantic love will be the last illusion of the old world order."

18. The Gatekeepers (dir. Moreh) (review)

"You can't make peace using military means."

17. Moonrise Kingdom (dir. Anderson)

"What kind of bird are you?"

16. Queen of Versailles (dir. Greenfield)

"Do you get strength from your marriage?"

15. Damsels in Distress (dir. Stilman)

"I prefer to say I'm in a tailspin."

14. Silver Linings Playbook (dir. Russell) (review)

"Calm down, crazy!"

13. Magic Mike (dir. Soderbergh)

"The law says you cannot touch, but I think I see a lotta lawbreakers up in this house tonight."

12. Beasts of the Southern Wild (Zeitlin) (review)

"I hope you die and after you die I'll go to your grave and eat birthday cake all by myself."

11. Stories We Tell (dir. Polley) (review)

"When you're in the middle of a story, it isn't a story at all, but only a confusion, a dark roaring, a blindness. It's only afterwards that it becomes anything like a story when you're telling it to yourself or someone else."

10. The Place Beyond the Pines (dir. Cianfrance) (review)

"He's yours."

9. Lincoln (dir. Spielberg)

"We've stepped out upon the world stage now, with the fate of human dignity in our hands."

8. Much Ado About Nothing (dir. Whedon)

"Scratching could not make it worse, an 'twere such a face as yours were."

7. Beyond the Hills (dir. Mungiu)

"She has the Evil inside her."

6. Zero Dark Thirty (dir. Bigelow) (review)

"I'm the motherfucker that found this place, sir!"

5. Amour (dir. Haneke)

"It hurts."

4. After Lucia (dir. Franco) (interview with director)

"Is your daughter receiving any psychological help?"

3. The Master (dir. P.T. Anderson)

"I'm a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher, but above all, I'm a man; a hopelessly inquisitive man."

2. Frances Ha (dir. Baumbach) (review)

"Don't mind me. I'm just getting your attention."

1. Tabu (dir. Gomes) (review)

"Those who claim time heals all wounds have never loved as much as I do."



2 comments:

  1. Great list! The Master and Tabu also made my top 10.
    Looking forward to Frances Ha, Stories We Tell, and The Place Beyond the Pines, all of which have only be available at film festivals so far. Curious about After Lucia-going to search for an English trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! I really appreciate the detail you went into and enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing this useful article..visit site

    ReplyDelete