http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Oct 4, 2012

The Key to Winning an Oscar?

"You can't let yourself go free when you're speaking a foreign language... You're speaking a language that doesn't mean anything to you... You haven't had a life experience with it. Some of the words, many of words, they just have alphabetic meanings, rather than life experience meanings. Sometimes I've said lines that I didn't know what they meant. But I'm good at that. In No Country For Old Men I did that, also. And they gave me an Oscar. They thought I was doing my method acting of being blank because of the violence and cruelty of my character, but really, I didn't know what I was saying. That's the key to playing a psycho killer: to not know what you're saying."

- Javier Bardem (video link)

No comments:

Post a Comment