http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Aug 30, 2012

Ariane Labed.

This video is a few months old, but I just stumbled upon it as I was browsing TIFF's schedule and it blew me away. I met Ariane Labed after a Q&A session for ALPS last year at TIFF. She's one of the most beautiful people I've met in my life and this video perfectly captures the ethereality that she exudes in person. (It is directed by Justin Anderson with cotsumes designed by none other than Giorgio Armani.)



Labed's performance in ALPS was a revelation for me, though that Venice best actress win for Attenberg should have been indication of her talents. But she brought an icy, stoic fagility to her character that was a perfect fit for Yorgos Lanthimos's formal direction, and an intriguing companion to Aggeliki Papoulia's unstable, twichy sensibility. If you haven't seen ALPS yet, you need to put it at the top of your queue. (It was easily one of 2011's best films, in my opinion. You can read my TIFF review here.)
This year, she's coming back to the festival with a short film by Attenberg's helmer, Athina Rachel Tsangari, called The Capsule.

No comments:

Post a Comment