http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Nov 13, 2011

In Case You Missed It...

...these are some awesome reads from this past week:

My favourite article was Robert Hamer's Top Ten People in Need of Biopics on Awards Circuit in honour of Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar. I haven't this film yet since virtually all the critics I trust have, to put it mildly, disliked it. But Robert's list is quite an intriguing one. All ten potential biopics are films I would welcome with open arms if they were well-executed like say McQueen's Hunger was (instead of a greatest hits type life story like I hear J. Edgar is.) My favourite story of the ten is Genie's but I'm not sure if anyone can pull that film off without ruining the mystique. My personal list would probably be different but I can't argue with his number one choice.

David Fincher by Annie Leibovitz
Nathaniel at The Film Experience directed me to this piece by Aaron Sorkin which is essentially a love letter to his The Social Network partner David Fincher. The letter's worth a read (duh! It's Sorkin!) and there are a few shots from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that make me wanna have sex with the film.


The Young Turks discussed the recently released anti-meth commercials directed by Darren Aronofsky.  If you think Requiem for a Dream scared you away from doing drugs, wait to you get a hold of these. They're powerful,  terrifying and yet another example of Aronofsky's great talent as a director.
Besides, as Ana Kasparian puts it, this is a much more effective way of preventing drug use than having the government shake their fingers at kids and telling them it's illegal.

Finally, another J. Edgar related item in the form of Funny or Die's spoof of the film's trailer trailer. I'm actually quite a big fan of DiCaprio but he seems to be getting stuck in the same type of roles over and over again. I'm really happy he decided to take on Django Unchained. Given Tarantino's past with actors, I'm sure it will be a major addition to DiCaprio's resume. Anyway, here's the trailer/FYC ad for L. DiCaprio. It's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment